- Communicate: Speak to your significant other about what you are and are NOT comfortable with. Let them know how you’re feeling and be open & honest!
- Balance: Set aside time for yourself, with your significant other (child free), and time with the kid(s). Don’t put your love on the back burner in your relationship trying to take on this new role as a parental figure. Don’t lose yourself.
- Set Boundaries: Don’t agree to things you aren’t comfortable with just to appease the bio parent or even your significant other. It’s okay to compromise on things but knowing your limits is key.
- Form your own opinion: Don’t prejudge the bio parent. Give them a chance to show you who they are and when they do… believe it.
- Find out the backstory: Everything is not always as it seems. Look for red flags and then see #1 & #3…
2 Comments Add yours
Love it !!!!
Thank you for checking out my blog! I would love to get your insight on motherhood for a future post!